When it comes to developing business, there’s good news and bad news. The bad news is that thanks to technology and in particular, social media, this game has just got harder. The good news is that by mastering how modern sales is now being done, you’ve actually got more opportunities than ever. In fact the Aberdeen Group recently reported that those who use modern sales techniques to sell strategically achieve a 31% greater team quota.
Now, if that’s not enough to convince you, consider these statistics:
- 50-70% of the buying process happens before sales executives get involved (Forrester)
- 90% of CEO’s (and IT Directors) say they NEVER respond to cold emails or calls (InsideView)
- 97% of the time cold calling is ineffective (IBM)
- 89% of consumers begin searching for products and services using a search engine (InsideView)
- Social media produces almost twice the leads from trade shows, telemarketing, direct mail, or PPC (HubSpot)
- Social media lead conversion rates are 13% higher than the average lead conversion rates (HubSpot)
- 45% more opportunities can be realised when social selling is used (LinkedIn)
Whilst these statistics are insightful, the key thing to note is that results like these can only be achieved when social media is used strategically and tactically for business development. It’s not the be all and end all. It needs to fit into your sales methodologies as a layer, and marketing has to work with you seamlessly. Regrettably, when this doesn’t happen and it’s used incorrectly, it will do nothing for your business aside from waste resource, time and money.
To address this, I’ve created a series of training programmes – online and offline – for those who need to sell, attract opportunities and position themselves as influencers in cyber security.
Take the next step and find out more…
To discuss my training programmes with me, please complete the Client Background Form.
- I’ll then get back to you via email within 24 hours.
- I’ll schedule a time to phone or Skype, which will help us establish whether we’re a good fit.
- Once you’re happy to proceed, you’ll give me the go ahead.
- I’ll email you the payment instructions, T&Cs and next steps.
- If it looks like we’re not a good match, I’ll refer you to an alternative resource.