Who we are
KnewStart Limited is registered in England and Wales under the registration number 7634264. Our registered address is KnewStart Limited,71-75 Shelton Street, London, England WC2H 9JQ. We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is respected and protected. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
What information we may collect and hold about you
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
Information you’ve provided to us, such as your name, email address, postal address and contact details. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
This includes information you provide when you:
- ask us to contact you in relation to services we provide;
- request downloads of documentation;
- subscribe to our mailing lists, newsletters or bulletins;
- complete a survey, questionnaire, quiz or challenge;
- book an event run by us;
- order products or services from us;
- interact with us on social media platforms (such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, or Instagram); or
- report a problem with our website.
We only collect identifiable personal data or information that is specifically and voluntarily provided by a visitor to our website, or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
We receive limited identifiable information which can include the following:
- name, title, company address, email address
- the device you use to access the website including information such as: your IP address, location, time, the browser you use, your operating system and the pages you visit.
How long we may hold your information
We will only hold your data for as long as it is relevant or as long as we have your consent to do so. We will routinely provide you with the opportunity to update your preferences or unsubscribe from us contacting you. If there is no contractual or legal reason for us to retain your data and you unsubscribe from us contacting you, your data will be removed from our systems within the following six months.
How we may use your information
Where we are required to obtain your consent to use your information, and you have provided such consent, in addition to using your information to provide you with requested products or services, we may also use your information in the following ways:
- to monitor and improve our products, services and our website;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about which we feel may be of interest to you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, whenever you want;
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to enable us to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements.
- We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if the third-party contracts with us to provide certain of the services you have requested and requires your personal information in order to do so;
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if any company within our group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case it may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such company or business or assets; or
Who we share your data with
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so. Any information you submit via our website is processed through our landing pages platform, our online form builder with cloud storage, Kajabi, Wufoo, and email automation platform, Active Campaign. If you sign up to one of our webinars or masterclasses it is processed via the webinar platform, Zoom.
We utilise a secure cloud-based accounting system, Xero, and The Accounting Pig for our tax and business accounting obligations. They store order contact details and history in their database and use our accountant to complete our tax returns. Xero and The Accounting Pig ensure that your personal information is secure, protected and monitored at all times. They do not process your information for any other purpose and will never share or disclose your data.
We use Stripe to process the credit/debit card transactions on our website; providing us with a payment gateway service. Any sensitive card information is processed directly by the Stripe server, meaning that we do not store any sensitive card details. By completing the payment process for an order, you are agreeing to your information being processed by the above provider. All payment functions are carried out on the providers secure site, which is PCI compliant and subject to their own terms and conditions.
Our website uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.
For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
International data transfers and security
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your rights and what you may request
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation and / or you can request that we correct or erase your data at any time, or for us not to process or limit processing of your personal data for marketing purposes. You are also entitled to receive personal data so you can be used by another processor. Such requests should be submitted in writing to [email protected]. You should expect a response within one month.
What our policy is on links
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
What happens if you do not provide your identifiable personal data or information?
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to KnewStart Limited, however, as it is required so that we can process your order(s) and meet our business obligations, we will be unable to provide you with our products without it.
Concerns or complaints
To contact us about any concerns or complaints you may have in relation to your data, email: [email protected] If you believe your rights are being violated you can complain to the ICO in the UK, their full details can be found on their website here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.