If you ever thought a thriving career while having children was impossible, my guest today —Karla Reffold – will prove you wrong. Karla and I talk motherhood, building and selling businesses at speed, emigrating to the USA, and the things she’s had to learn and let go of to succeed.
Currently, the COO of Orpheus Cyber,a SAAS platform threat intelligence company, one of Security Magazine’s Top 50 Women in Security, an industry awards judge, board advisor, Forbes writer, podcast host, and the former founder of international recruitment business, BeecherMadden (bought by Nicoll Curtin), Karla joined me to speak about what she’s done to earn her incredible success, including:
- What she’s learnt about being herself in the workplace and bragging
- The skills she’s had to learn to and let go of to enable her to succeed
- The pressures of being a working mum
- The most common challenges she sees as a woman in cybersecurity
- The importance of networking, what she calls her superpower
- Where she believes cyber is going and what she’s most excited about
So, get comfy, pop in those earbuds, and get ready to hear Karl Reffold like you’ve never heard her before.
To get in touch with Karla, find her on LinkedIn at: https://linkedin.com/in/karlareffold